re-installing windows live in win 7

Quilljar 20:00 17 Jul 10

Unfortunately I installed windows live essentials beta. I found it to be overfull of toolbars and icons to the point of stupidity. So I uninstalled it and downloaded the original windows live. However, this insists on installing to 100 % and then immediately rolling back and uninstalling itself. Can anyuone explain this and help me to keep it installed? I have tried three times but with the same result.

Quilljar

rdave13 20:47 17 Jul 10

What do you have showing in Control Panel as regards of Programs and Features? Highlighting Windows Live Essentials and clicking uninstall/change should give the option to repair.

Zeppelyn 21:58 17 Jul 10

I know exactly what you mean, I also did'nt like the fact that with the new version you cant have photo gallery without movie maker as before, I still use the Vista Movie Maker in 7.

Anyway I suggest you reinstall the beta then uninstall using Revo uninstaller, reboot then run CCleaner to clean up the registry. Also look for and delete anything left in Program Files and Users/your name/contacts and Users/your name/app data/microsoft like the messenger and all windows live folders. Then try reinstalling.

Quilljar 22:55 17 Jul 10

Thanks to both of you. However, the problem seems to have resolved itself without my knowing how!!

I now have my old Windows Live back which is simple and I have learned how to use it. I cannot recommend the upgrade in any way!
Q

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…