Re-installing Windows

Barson 12:45 10 Feb 03

My Computer is a Packard Bell Platinum
Windows 98
This was purchased from John Lewis as a used item in 1998. Supplied was Microsoft Product Identification card, complete with the Certificate of Authenticity.
Written in Biro above this was a different code to the one on the certificate.
Having had a bad crash it became neccessary to re-install the system using the Packard Bell re-installation discs.

All went well until it got to bit where I was asked to enter the product code.
There are five boxes which only hold five numbers in each the codes supplied are five numbers, then OEM then seven numbers which will only go in with overlap on the third box which places the automatic hyphen in the wrong place. I have tried so many combinations of both numbers I'm slowly going mad.

Not long after I bought this machine I had to re-install everything so I must have used the information supplied. Which ever code I enter in whatever order comes up with "You have entered the wrong number" PLease Help.

Ben Avery (Work) 12:51 10 Feb 03

The code you are referring to, ID:xxxxx-OEM-xxxxxxx-xxxxx, sounds like a microsoft Office serial number to me. My windows 98 Code was in the xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx format as is my windows 2000 one.

Are you sure you don't have any other codes there?

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…