re installing win98

MANDY 22:10 12 Jan 03
  MANDY 22:10 12 Jan 03

have a pc with 98 on but with corrupted files will only boot up in safe mode not in normal mode i want to put windows over the the exsisting one but it won,t let due to thinking it has a compressed drive because it was a 95 to 98 upgrade can you tell me how to remove files or folders that store this info so that i can reinstall or a work around thanks andy.

LastChip 22:36 12 Jan 03

System File Check!

Start in safe mode and go to Start; Run; and type

sfc

press OK.

This will run the system file check tool, which will check for damaged or corrupted system files. If any need repairing, you will be prompted for your Win CD, in order to extract good copies from the CAB files.

This may resolve your problem, but if not post back, because there is more that can be tried.

MANDY 00:23 13 Jan 03

have tried that but cds don,t work in safe mode have manuely copied missing files from good pc but still not ok thanks andy.

BRYNIT 00:29 13 Jan 03

Did you remeberd to create a boot disk if so boot from this with cd drivers. If not see if you can borrow one.

LastChip 19:31 13 Jan 03

Forgot about that, but BRYNIT's suggestion will work.

Choose; Boot with CD Support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…