Re-installing programs from P.B. restore CD

davolente 15:09 31 May 04

I have an old Packard Bell PC on which, for various reasons, I have had to do a clean install of Windows 98. It originally had Windows 95, which I previously successfully upgraded, so
I didn't want to use the Packard Bell restore CD which would have put back Windows 95 plus loads of PB proprietary stuff I didn`t want, plus the aggro of upgrading again. However I DID want to reload certain apps. (mainly the Microsoft products, which I consider I`m entitled to do) from the Packard Bell CD, but when I tried to run the "pbrestore" file from the Win 95 folder on the CD, as should be possible, I received a message "Cannot open fileC:\DRIVERS\MASTERCD.INI" and when I click OK to this, a PB dialogue box comes up, but the pane of listed applications that should be available is empty. I`m sure I could do this before on the previous 95 to 98 upgrade.I have done a "wild card" *.INI search on the original PB boot floppy and the master CD plus my hard drive, but no show. Does anyone have this file and, more importantly, tell me what to do with it if I get it!!

BEVERLEY-256334 15:23 31 May 04

I don't know about this but you could ask here.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…