Re-installing AutoRoute

Tranestation 23:03 04 Dec 03

I'm running XP on a new P.C. purchased in Sept.2003 which had Microsoft Works Suite included.Recently when I tried to access AutoRoute an alert box opened and said some files had been corrupted and to delete the program(which I did) and then to re-install it.I've put the original installation disc in but it does not autorun,or if I type in D:\setup.exe it tells me Windows cannot find this.I've tried with and without Norton A/V as instructions on CD insert but still nothing....Am I missing some other instructions anywhere?.Theres nothing in the recycle bin either....Any help appreciated....Trane.

Mr_Nice_Guy 23:15 04 Dec 03

Actually navigate to the disk and double click setup on d:\ rather than using the command.

Djohn 00:49 05 Dec 03

Are you using the right Cd's for Autoroute. If it's the Works Suite 2003 version then you should have 5 or maybe 6 Cd's. Autoroute is on disk 2 and 5.

If you are inserting disk 1 then this could be the reason for the message you are receiving, but try again using the method below.

Insert disk 1 first, click on your "My Computer" and then right click on the drive Icon, select, "Open" and look for the set-up Icon, click on that and it will start the install and inform you when to insert the other Cd's.

If you can't find any "Set-up" Icon on CD 1, then try disk no. 2 and look for the same Icon. Give this a try and if no luck, please post back to this thread, we will try something else. j.

Tranestation 20:21 05 Dec 03

Thanks to Mr. Nice Guy and Djohn for the courtesy of a reply.I've clicked on d but there is no setup icon there(I also ran a search but to no avail)With regards to the original installation disc it comes on one disc only the contents of which are Microsoft Works/Microsoft Word/Encarta standard/Microsoft Picture It! Photo/Microsoft Money standard/Microsoft AutoRoute.I had previously installed with this disc without any problems.In Task Launcher AutoRoute is listed there but when clicked message is Windows cannot find program c:\Program Files\Microsoft AutoRoute\AutoRoute.exe Make sure you have typed the name correctly and try again.To search for a file click start and click search. When I close that box another opens with Works cannot access program you selected.Files may be missing corrupted or may be deleted. To restore files reinstall program and try again.I've followed the instructions on the insert again but still no Autoroute.Everything else is running ok and apart from an 0X800138F problem(which i've resolved) all seems O.K. No other installation problems with programs on disks or downloads.Thanks again for your help....Trane

Djohn 20:27 05 Dec 03

If works is on one disk, then it's the DVD version. Are you using the correct drive on your PC to read from?

I have Works 2001 DVD, I can see MS Works folder. In that I can see a Setup icon.

If I open that, I get to an Installation Wizard.

Tranestation 20:54 05 Dec 03

Many thanks Djohn. I had no idea this was a DVD version. All the stuff was in drive F. Have reinstalled using the Wizard.Many thanks.I am no longer lost....Trane

Djohn 21:54 05 Dec 03

Thanks for the help [email protected]@m, sorry for the delay, taken me all this time to get back to the thread :o(

Well done Tranestation, pleased your up and running. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…