Re-installed xp, now onboard wireless not working

Rosalie86 11:36 AM 17 Sep 10

Hi everybody,

I installed my copy of xp on to my Dell laptop, which had Vista on it.. But now I can't connect my wireless... Do I need to install there drivers for the wireless???

Many thanks..

mgmcc 13:40 PM 17 Sep 10

If you have installed XP from a standard Microsoft CD, you probably will need to install the necessary drivers for the Wireless Network Adapter. Depending how the "wireless" is switched On/Off, you might also need the original software to perform that task. This may be the use of the Fn key in conjunction with another key, so try it to see if it works without additional software.

The Dell site might be able to provide you with the Wireless Network Adapter's drivers for XP.

Terry Brown 08:24 AM 18 Sep 10

Go to the DEll website click here select TAB and enter the number on the laptop casing ( usually at the bottom).
This will take you to the correct page for your machine, where you can download the drivers you need.
Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay