Re Installed Windows XP Can't Schedule Tasks.

FatboySlim71 10:21 07 Oct 04

I have just reinstalled Windows XP after I deleted something that I should'nt have done,now when I go into the task scheduler and set a task a window appears with TASK SCHEDULAR as the title and it says the following,THE TASK HAS BEEN CREATED,BUT MAY NOT RUN BECAUSE THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION COULD NOT BE SET.SPECIFIC ERROR Ox80070005 ACCESS IS DENIED,TRY USING THE TASK PAGE BROWSE BUTTON TO LOCATE THE APPLICATION.Could anyone help?

The_Gog 10:24 07 Oct 04

of your local machine?

When you use the Scheduled Task Wizard to create a scheduled task, you must be a member of the Administrators group, the Backup Operators group, or the Server Operators group on the local computer.

FatboySlim71 10:29 07 Oct 04

I have went into control panel,user accounts and my name is there and it says that I am the computer Administrator.

The_Gog 10:31 07 Oct 04

but you are logged on under that account as well?

The_Gog 10:34 07 Oct 04

click here

Article ID: 884573

Put that in the search

feb 12:03 07 Oct 04

Is it XPpro? if so scheduled tasks will only run with a password

FatboySlim71 12:32 07 Oct 04

It is not XP pro I forgot to mention I have downloaded service pack 2,re The Gog Article ID: 884573 when I try to download that update it is saying, SETUP HAS DETECTED THAT THE SERVICE PACK VERSION OF THIS SYSTEM IS NEWER THAN THE UPDATE YOU ARE APPLYING.THERE IS NO NEED TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…