re-install windows xp

big geof 15:00 30 Jan 05

Hi guy's

Iam running windows xp pro, had lots of probs so i want to re-install xp after re-formatting hard drive but want to save my doc's and music files etc,can any1 point me to a link with relevant info on how to do this

cheers mates
geoff

powerless 15:20 30 Jan 05

Do you have a CD-Writer?

If so burn all of your docs and music to CD's.

Install XP ummm click here

BurrWalnut 15:21 30 Jan 05

There are two methods to repair WinXP but they both require that all previous Microsoft updates have to be re-applied, e.g. SP1 or SP2. Your data will be unaffected.

1. Boot from the WinXP CD (in the BIOS boot sequence put the CD drive ahead of the HDD). When the first message comes up, choose "To set up WinXP" not "R for recovery console". Windows will eventually recognise that XP is installed and ask what you want to do, press R to repair and follow the instructions except after rebooting don't reply to the message "Press any key to boot from CD", just wait.

2. Whilst in Windows, put the XP CD in and click "Install XP", click "Upgrade", click "I accept...". Key in the Product Key then, on the "Get updated setup files" select the option you want and follow the rest of the instructions.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:25 30 Jan 05

Are you sure you need to reinstall?
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…