re-install windows 8 64bit instead of 32.

kickbok 04:46 AM 11 Mar 13

Hi there,

Im running windows 8 32bit but need 64 bit version to make the most of the 2GB of ram i just installed (totals 6 GB but can only use 3.50 in 32bit)

I understand ill have to do a clean install to get the new version, but i upgraded via download from win 7 and have no install media. im looking for the best way to get to a fresh install in 64bit. im fairly sure its not going to give me an option to change if i go through the same process as i did when upgrading.

any help you could give me would be awesome :)

onthelimit1 09:12 AM 11 Mar 13

I don't believe you'll be able to authenticate 64 bit with your existing Certificate of Authenticity. The only legal way would be to buy a 64 bit version from (say) Amazon

Forum Editor 09:23 AM 11 Mar 13

I agree with onthelimit1 You've used your licence, you'll need to pay for another one if you want the 64bit version.

chub_tor 09:26 AM 11 Mar 13

I agree with onthelimit1. I have searched for legitimate Windows 8 downloads and not found any but Amazon have the Windows 8 Pro upgrade for £47.99Click Here it has both 32bit and 64 bit disks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites