Re install Outlook Express 6 ?

Mickel Katharmic 15:57 15 May 04

I am unable to to open my emails and the address book. I get a message saying I have to re install Outlook Express 6. I went to the Microsoft and tried to follow 'Microsoft Knowledge base article - 318378' but nothing happened. I have re installed my Windows XP Prof. completely again and this has nt worked either. HELP!

londonknights 16:02 15 May 04

I dont know if this will help you

click here

blackstorm2k 16:16 15 May 04

Try using the 'inbox repair tool' shipped with outlook express. (It's in some stupidly hard to find directory - Microsoft are a load of muppets for making is so hard to find, but it is around somewhere!!). Open up the file (it's named as above) and scan ALL files ending with .pst, that should fix most problems.

If that doesn't work, check that you're ISP has given you the correct dial up number and that your account settings are looking at the correct mailboxes (i.e. pop3 and smtp etc).

GaT7 16:21 15 May 04

Instead of the reinstall try a 'repair' of IE (usually takes care of OE as well). The article you mentioned initially explains how.

When you say you are unable to open your emails & address book is it AFTER opening OE or, you cannot open OE at all?

blackstorm2k - did you mean all files ending in .dbx? .pst files relates to MS Outlook.

Mickel Katharmic 14:47 16 May 04

Tried the suggestions with no luck. I now have the following message occur when I try to open an email.
"The address book failed to load Outlook Express is incorrectly configured please reinstall" OK
Then
"There was an error opening this message. An error has occured." OK

HELP!

GaT7 15:00 16 May 04

click here, click here & click here - the OE version & OS may me different but the repair solution may be the same for WinXP. Good luck, G

GaT7 16:00 16 May 04

Mickel Katharmic has started a new thread about the address book failed - click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…