Re-install MS Works Suite without product ID

bobbyalec 22:12 12 Aug 03

I have recently upgraded my tower with new hard drive etc but need to reinstall my MS works Suite 99 on the new drive. I have the discs supplied with the original machine by Gateway UK who have disappeared from Glasgow, Scotland.
When I insert disc 1, I have to input a 20 digit Product Code from the Certificate of Authenticity, which I do not have.
Can anyone suggest a way around this problem?
(this is a genuine effort to upgrade using my own discs - not an illegal or pirated excercise)
If it is any help, I still have the old hard drive and have copied files across to the new one with help from you trusty folks out there, but cannot see a way to transfer MS Works-HELP please?

dave h 23:28 12 Aug 03

This may sound like a silly answer, but on my supplied disks of MS Works the product ID is on the back of one of the envelopes the disks are kept in........

JIM 23:29 12 Aug 03

If you have the discs supplied with the original machine the product ID was on the box unless that is lost.

What you could do is go into the registry after installing your old hardrive and you may be lucky to find the 20 digit Product Code there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…