Re-install MS Office2003

BLL 20:32 21 Mar 05

My computer literacy is limited so bear with me please.
My son used Add/Remove programmes to remove MS Office 2003(it's a 60 day trial) so he thought it would be okay.
This has proved somewhat disasterous as It's now impossible to open/access e-mail.There is a message saying 'cant find file X2561401.CAB
The machine is a new (2 months)Mesh M3200.
I've tried the Mesh software line for hours but can't get through to them.

Any help would be much appreciated

FelixTCat 20:43 21 Mar 05

I suspect that you have been using Outlook to manage your emails. When you uninstalled Office, Outlook was uninstalled as well, but your shortcuts are still there - they just don't work.

There is another program on your pc that will handle emails immediately called Outlook Express. You can open it from the start menu.

You will have to enter the details of your ISP but you should then be able to collect and send emails without further problem.

PA28 21:00 21 Mar 05

The alternative, if you have been supplied with the disks, is simply to reinstall Office 2003. If not, you can find (bonafide) disks for Office 2000 for around the £80 mark, which is a bit less than Office 2003 goes for. And shoot your son if he's up to playing tricks like this - the next one may be beyond repair if he knocks out your data or (worse) photographs. Read up on backups quick!

sidecar sid 22:31 21 Mar 05

If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser try clicking on tools.

Internet options,click on the programs tab and by E-mail: see if you can select Outlook express.

If you can click on apply and ok and try to access your E-mail again.

BLL 18:31 22 Mar 05

Thanks for your help - Outlook Express worked a treat...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…