Re Install Internet Explorer 6 - how?

Carafaraday 13:22 30 Apr 04

In a bid to solve the problems I'm having with very slow internet connection I thought I might reinstall IE6. Any ideas of how to go about this, and any problems I might encounter - please.
(I have IE6 on a CD).

GaT7 13:46 30 Apr 04

Instead of a reinstall I'd suggest you first try a 'repair' of IE - click here for a guide (if you have WinXP - otherwise post back).

Carafaraday 14:28 30 Apr 04

I don't have XP - windows 98SE - but thanks for the reply anyway.

GaT7 14:37 30 Apr 04

To repair in Win98se: In this case go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Click on 'Microsoft Internet Explorer...' & click on Add/Remove. In the box that pops up click on 'Repair Internet Explorer' & press OK. Restart your PC when the process completes.

GaT7 14:50 30 Apr 04

please tell us which version of IE you have exactly. Open IE, click on Help -> About Internet Explorer. In the box that appears it'll have something like this - Version: 6.0.2800.1106 (I'm using Win98se & this is my IE version).

Reinstalling IE from a CD (to Win98se) could give you more problems (as I found out to my frustration!) & I wouldn't suggest it at this point.

Carafaraday 17:10 03 May 04

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately the pc is now totally dead ie no power. Presumably the slowness was just an indication of how sick the poor thing had become.

woodchip 17:14 03 May 04

It sounds like the PSU died

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017