RE-INSTALL FULL BACK UP AFTER VISTA FIX

levyo1 10:25 01 Jan 10

Hi All I have done a complete vita reinstall after I had a problem,So I have a Dell inspirion 530s with vista home premium.I did a full back up to my external hard drive as it says in the Dell manual.Now her is the bit that's driving me mad,After the install I did my updates drivers windows updates, etc. and a complete restore back to my os c-drive but when I click on my start button the programmes are not there,but when I go into my computer os c-drive I can clearly see them but I am unable to access them or they will not re load.When I go into different forums etc. I can't seem to find the answer so I am here why can I see the files but the os can't.Please Please help.Please don't shout but I also put this thread in the vista help room hoping that somebody in there will help as it is sending me daft trying to sort it,as I have electronic travel docs etc. in my email.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:00 01 Jan 10

"a complete vita reinstall"

from disk or a rest to factory conditions of the machine?

If from disk you will need to back up the info and reinstall the programs.

If they were pre loaded then they should work after a factory rest but any saved data will be lost if not backed up first.

Any programs install after new will need to be reinstalled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…