Re Install 98se on clean hard drive

engsurv 16:15 03 Jun 06

What program do I need to completely clean my hard drive so I can reinstall 98se on a clean hard drive ? Many thanks dave.engsurv

Diodorus Siculus 16:20 03 Jun 06

Al you need is a boot disk, for example from

click here

and start the PC with it.

Then choose to format the hard disk.

WindowsReinstall.com - XP, Vista, 2000, NT, 98, ME, 95, 3.1: repair, reinstall, install, upgrade any Windows operating system
click here

engsurv 17:21 03 Jun 06

Diodorus Siculus. Thanks for your quick response. I am now going through the process ( on a second computer that is ! )

woodchip 17:42 03 Jun 06

The boot disc you download. Put a blank floppy in the drive on a Win98 computer, Not a XP comp. Double click the download this will make the boot disc.

Start with floppy disc in the drive, then let the floppy load to A:\> do not stop or change from what it offers. then at A:\> type Format C: so it looks like this

A:\>FORMAT C:

after it as formatted you do not need to enter Volume just press enter key. Restart computer with Win98 CD in Comp and Floppy disc also in drive.

This time you should choose Start with CD-ROM Support. At A:\> if you only Have a C:\ and D:\ Drives the type E: press enter then type at E:\> Setup so ot looks like
E:\>SETUP press enter, After it check the disc press X to exit Scandisk the Enter to start setup

engsurv 18:05 03 Jun 06

Woodchip
Many thanks for your response.

engsurv 18:42 03 Jun 06

Mission completed.
Many thanks Diodorus Siculus and Woodchip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…