re-instaled XP but programmes remain on system?

Chin00k47 13:27 13 Jan 05

I recently re-installed XP Home (original OEM disc)but found that soem of my programmes were still on the C drive afterwaards? some I can access others not. My main problem is with Norton Systemworks (2003. It will not let me scan the drive for errors as it says "pgnorton.dll" unavailable. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled but no luck. t looks like this part of norton is under the new install. I have also tried to remove manually by removing alll references to norton but no luck help!!!!
I do not particularly want to reinstall the whole lot again!

Noelg23 13:38 13 Jan 05

did u format the hard drive before reinstalling Windows XP? cos thats probably what u havent done...

Smegs 13:39 13 Jan 05

It sounds like you did NOT format then re-install. Try that.

Chin00k47 13:48 13 Jan 05

I think I sKimmed XP over the top somehow?. but am i stuck with the problem now? everything else still works ok

Sethhaniel 14:13 13 Jan 05

and hopefully it will remove corrupt bit
then reinstall it - see if that works

inbetween installs you could run CCLEANER or similar to get rid of broken links and also regedit or regsweeper etc,. to remove Norton from registry keys.

khoock37 14:19 13 Jan 05

Go to this site click here, make a search for the missing file that is pgnorton.dll, copy and paste it to windows/system32. Hope it works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced