Re-instal ME problem

Graham ® 10:19 17 Apr 04

I'm trying to re-instal ME on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M-6500 laptop. After I type 'E:setup.exe' I get an error message

'Õ\FSC\EULA.EXE Õ\FSC\EULALOC.TXT Õ\FSC\EULA.TXT spawn: No such file or directory'.

It's the same whether I use a full version of ME, or the Recovery disc for the laptop. The bootdisk is from Bootdisk.com.

A search on google finds 3 sites in German, which the Translator reveals as questions but no answers!

Any help appreciated.

Graham ® 10:52 17 Apr 04

If it will trigger a memory, EULA = End-User Licence Agreement.

jorf 11:15 17 Apr 04

I also have Fujitsu siemens, but desk top and get the same message. You have to boot from the cd then you get the option to install ME. It is a clean install so everything is lost so back up before using
Jollyorf

P_Ghost5 11:17 17 Apr 04

i have found on ME & 98 it is easier to install through dos. ie create a bootable stiffy. start with cd support. fo to windows dir, ren win.com win.old.
Then go into the cabs on the disk. then run setup.
when it prompts you for install directory change windows.ooo to just windows
normally works fine for me

Graham ® 12:46 17 Apr 04

And jorf, thanks. How do I create a bootable stiffy?

P_Ghost5 13:07 17 Apr 04

Is your windows still working???
If so goto my comp
insert a stiffy disk
right click a:
left clck format
select make system disk
continue with format.
Also in your control panel. add remove programs
last tab you will see make system / boot disk.

i can only post again tomorrow sorry, but then i will forward the way i refresh windows. although there are far brighter stars on this site.

Graham ® 13:37 17 Apr 04

Ah, stiffy = floppy?

Graham ® 13:45 17 Apr 04

Seems to be. According to the Fujitsu site, this laptop will only accept ME. I can instal 98, but no TFT drivers and no sound.

Graham ® 21:13 17 Apr 04

Further enquiries lead me to believe the laptop was a client on a server, and it's looking for the license on the server. So the question is, can I persuade it to be a stand-alone? I have fdisk'd and formatted.

I must emphasise the laptop is legally owned by the person I am trying to help, it's not dodgy! I mention this in case any assistance offered on the forum may be used by those in unlawful possession of such items. Please use the envelope at the side of my name if you think your advice may be so used.

P_Ghost5 09:16 18 Apr 04

Hi, notebooks are not different... The way i was going to tell you is so you can retain "most / all" ur data.
If you have now already fdisk'd you might as well run the restore cd , or the ME cd for that matter.
In other words boot from disk.
If you want to keep data on machine let me know.

Graham ® 09:07 20 Apr 04

Problem solved! I was trying with the 'Emergency Recovery' CD. There was another, lurking in a filing cabinet, 'Restore WME', which was bootable. Live and learn :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…