Re: HP Pavilion tx2000 Notebook Tablet driver is n

legalrep 11:29 11 Feb 09

Over the past week or so my HP Pavilion tx2000 Notebook has taken an age to boot up and I have been getting the error message "The Tablet driver is not running". I contacted HP support but there answer was to reinstal system! (see below) Does any one have any suggestions before I take this action? The laptop is only obout six months old! Vista home edition.

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.
On reviewing your Email, I understand that you are experiencing an error message stating that "The Tablet driver is not running". Let me assist you with this.
I understand your concern and I appreciate that you have forwarded your concerns to us regarding the matter. However, this is to inform you that Tablet drivers are integrated into the Operating System. Also it is not possible to reinstall them individually.
As you have also mentioned that the Notebook takes time to boot and shutdown, I recommend you to take backup of your important data and restore the Notebook to factory settings. You may use either Recovery Partition or Recovery discs to restore the notebook to factory settings.

legalrep 20:54 11 Feb 09

anyone?

legalrep 16:52 16 Sep 09

This problem has reared its ugly head again does any one know how to reinstall the tablet driver?

sharpamat 08:07 17 Sep 09

As HP has informed you this is integrated into the O/S and cannot be installed as a single component.

My advice would be first back up all your personal data to either an external drive or to disc. Dont use True Image or Norton, but physicaly. Not forgetting to save your emails, ( even creating a folder and highlighting and dragging )

Then ( and Im not sure with laptops ) run a full system check. ( this will ensure all the components are working ) any errors send to HP and save with your data .

Try a system restore first back to before your problem started. If this fails then do a full factory restore. I would suggest from the discs You made when you first used the system, rather than from the partion on the drive.

If the problem is still there inform HP useing Email, and there reply to you. dont start a fresh subject. This will ensure your warantee is maintained. Tell them all the steps you have taken, and if any faults showed up on your syatem check attach your saved copy

legalrep 09:01 17 Sep 09

Many thanks for the reply sharpamat, What is funny about this problem is that although I get the message saying the tablet driver is not running if I simply ignore it as far as I can see every thing works fine ie you can use the software without a problem. I have checked problems reports and solutions, its not reported there and device manager doesn't show any problems either! The laptop belongs to my wife and so I don't want to have to reinstall everything unless necessary. To be honest its just one of those annoying faults which if we have to live with we will but I was hoping it was something I could fix without a major reinstall!

legalrep 22:14 22 Sep 09

Sorted thanks to another forum! downloaded driver from Wacom website and every thing now works fine! HP support wrong as driver NOT incorporated in windows and no need for a reinstall! Saved myself a lot of time and hassle by researching!!!!!

hopupu 06:50 16 Oct 09

legalrep: Hi.. can you tell what version wacom driver used? You deleted old drivers before installing new?

tnx and sorry for my english =)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac