re- help for mouse, logging of and scrolling

Jade 14 G 11:53 14 Nov 04

I am having problems with my mouse is very slow and scrolling down a page takes forever and is jerky. Sending a email takes as long as the words do not keep up with me and l am a slow typist.
Also had AVG on webpage and could not get into it, every time l clicked , it nmade a sound back but none of it would open, it is used each day. Also could not shut down so had to use task manager but even that took ages
Can you help,
J

alan227 12:00 14 Nov 04

could you give us a few more details, what operating system are you using, whay are your computer specifications, and how long has this been happening.

Jade 14 G 12:09 14 Nov 04

I am on XP and aol. This just started this morning, never had it before. But bought a new mouse this week as mine had dropped to pieces but it went ok straight away, no problems,
J

alan227 12:10 14 Nov 04

Have you tried a system restore?.

alan227 12:12 14 Nov 04

Also had you got any software installed for your previous mouse and have you uninstalled it.

Jade 14 G 12:18 14 Nov 04

I can't remember if l had software for my old mouse as have had it as long as computer but l have a compaq computer and it was supplied with that.
This computer had no software , l was supprised it didn't so just plugged into a usb plug and it went straight away.
Jill

Jade 14 G 12:18 14 Nov 04

I can't remember if l had software for my old mouse as have had it as long as computer but l have a compaq computer and it was supplied with that.
This computer had no software , l was supprised it didn't so just plugged into a usb plug and it went straight away.
Jill

alan227 12:24 14 Nov 04

Have you tried a system restore

alan227 12:32 14 Nov 04

You could also look in device manager to see if their are any conflicts.

To access system restore left click start/highlight all programs/ accessories/system tools then left click system restore.

to access device manager right click my computer/ left click properties / left click hardware / left click device manager left click your mouse option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…