RE- HELP with canon printer please

Artylady 16:58 18 Jan 03
  Artylady 16:58 18 Jan 03

Have a canon printer S600 which has been ok till now. Was printing but colours were not good so folowed the help menu to ajust it anmd now everything is printing out in GREEN can't get it right.
HAVE xp WINDOWS can anyone hep as l have a lot of printing to do.
Thanks Jill

3aspect 17:06 18 Jan 03

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the printer from your system as this will put it back to the default settings.

Artylady 18:15 18 Jan 03

As a pc guy downloaded new drivers for the printer so it would work with XP when l got it so will it be ok just to uninstall and reinstall, do l have to do anything about the drivers as he left them in my docs.
Thanks for you help,

3aspect 13:33 19 Jan 03

Yes,when you reinstall the printer and it asks for the drivers just direct it to the folder in "my docs" where your printer drivers are.
You could also try a system restore to a point before you started having problems with your printer.

Artylady 17:33 19 Jan 03

Think my brain is in a fog as have used system restore lots of times and never even thought about this time will go and do it. Just hope l can do it after l downloaded Zone Alarm as once did it and lost Nortons Security.
f it dosn't work will come back.

Artylady 18:29 19 Jan 03

Have just tried restore but printer is the same expect have yellow as well as green in the printing. Tried to install but the disk l got with this canon printer tells me that this isn't the right software yet it was first installed with it 6 and half months agho.
Need help as have online classes to print.

Wak 20:26 19 Jan 03

Have you tried a different cartridge just to make sure that it's the printer that's faulty and not the cartridge that's just running out????

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:27 19 Jan 03

Firstly check that the ink cartridges are properly seated. Canon, although excellent, have VERY fiddly ink holders and your problem sounds very much like your cyan cartridge is adrift. If you are SURE that the three are seated..........

Make sure that you have your software disk to hand. Put your mouse icon over 'my computer', right click and select 'properties', select device manager and drill down to your printer-highlight it and select not reboot yet.

Go to add remove programmes and delete the canon software.

Go to control panel and remove the printer if it is still there.

Unplug the printer from the computer and close down (do not choose reboot). Restart the computer and load on the software. Close down, attach printer and reboot. Your printer should now be detected and you can give it a whirl.

I may be a bit out on the instructions as I'm using W98 but I think they are correct however if they are wrong I'm sure someone with XP will tell you where to go.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:29 19 Jan 03

'I'm sure someone with XP will tell you where to go' only dawned on me when I had sent the thread....'on the computer' should have been at the end. :-)))))

siouxah1 20:38 19 Jan 03

Sorry but I am not sure how far you have progressed.

There are some drivers to try from Canon S600 at click here

Also have you run a nozzle print test?

Are all the inks available?

I do not mean to insult your inteligence, but might help. Not familiar with XP.

Regards Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…