Re. forum time out

CHAIRLEG 23:01 24 Jun 04

Just read this topic and clicked on spires link as soon as it came up i got this pop up saying i had won a prize looked dodgy so turned of computer.As anyone else had this or is it just me

VoG II 23:03 24 Jun 04

Nope.

johnnyrocker 01:16 25 Jun 04

?????????????
johnny.

ventanas 08:32 25 Jun 04

Yep, just one of those annoying pop ups.

Shas 08:39 25 Jun 04

Tried it and got a pop up asking me if I knew what my IQ was, (think it's minus something or other). Pop up box took ages to open, so I guess I'll never know for sure.

The Spires 08:52 25 Jun 04

I'm sorry about that, I would't have posted it if I had seen a pop up.

ventanas 08:56 25 Jun 04

Don't worry, I should have a blocker anyway. Must get around to it. Always used the one with Google, but for some reason installing the toolbar on this new machine freezes internet access, and crashes the machine when I try to uninstall it.

Sethhaniel 09:01 25 Jun 04

'Pop up box took ages to open' -
better run AV check as you don't know what's going on in background while you're looking for something to appear in the forground

VoG II 09:03 25 Jun 04

If you use Firefox click here you won't suffer from pop-ups.

Shas 09:32 25 Jun 04

Thanks for your advice. I had actually done a complete check of everything yesterday. Loads of things take ages to do/open and I often get fed up with waiting and exit, (Acrobat Reader is particularly long winded.) I've always put it down to the fact that it's an old, not very powerful pc, and it does seem to be worse since I installed a firewall. (Nothing to do with this thread I know, but thanks for your concern.)

CHAIRLEG 18:26 25 Jun 04

As you will know when it comes to computers i know very little.I very rarely get pop ups as a mate sorted it for me so i was abit unsure what to do.I thought i rememered reading here to go into task manager this i did but not knowing for sure what to do i hit the log out button in task manger and all seems well.Learning very slowly thanks to you folks.cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…