Re-Formatting the Hard Drive

The Earl Of Sabden 16:48 01 Jul 04

Can I reformatt the Hard Drive - Delete it entirely BEFORE I put the new XP installation disk in..... How do I do this... Thanks. EOS.

Graham ® 17:37 01 Jul 04

What system is on the drive now?

The Earl Of Sabden 18:13 01 Jul 04

Originally it was a Tiny machine with WIN98SE on it..... I installed XP Pro (not licensed) but it seems I just overlapped it because instead of deleting the hard drive it just installed XP on top of 98...... Its a 20Gib hard drive... but still shows 15 Gig used.

I've tried to re-install XP and delete the partition that shows the current Xp installation... but it says cannot delete because it contains system files....

I need to totally clean install this XP Pro disk... Any ideas..... Thanks Graham.

AndySD 18:22 01 Jul 04

click here you can format while in setup. Or

Boot with the xp cd and choose the Recovery Console at the prompt type in

format c:

and hit enter.

selfbuild 20:44 01 Jul 04

You should be able to delete all partitions during the XP setup regardless of any system files being on it. Once setup has looked for previous installs of Windows just delete the partition.

The Earl Of Sabden 20:48 01 Jul 04

Thanks guys for ur help!....

Just typed in (Run) format c:
and the command prompt said it would delete the hard drive Y or N to continue......that was on my system or gonna try that on my mytes PC tomorrow.... now I know what to do..... Many thanks.... EOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…