Re-Format Windows XP Pro

23047 08:25 26 Apr 04

Hello

I am trying to re-format a hard disk with xp pro on it. I am struggling and i wondered if you could help me.

Edward

jimv7 08:37 26 Apr 04

Press the delete key as your computer starts or whatever key or combination of keys to enter the bios, change the boot sequence to boot from 'D' or cdrom first and exit accepting the changes.

Insert your xp cd and boot from that, follow the onscreen instructions carefully.

mgmcc 08:39 26 Apr 04

If you want to start again from scratch, with the loss of all data on the drive, my (rather unconventional) approach is to boot with a Windows 98 boot floppy, run FDISK and remove all partitions (or the one that you want to reinstall XP in). An NTFS partition will be seen as a non-DOS partition but it can still be removed.

Then boot with the Windows XP CD and let it partition, format and install the operating system.

Otherwise, have a look at this site which covers reinstalling all versions of Windows - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…