re-format

macduck 11:06 15 Oct 06

i've just done a re-format on my computor and i've noticed that when i check the space/properties on my C drive it says capacity 76.3G,free space 68.8G, used space 7.61G, why is itsaying that i have used 7.61G of space when all i have done is load on a handful of programs e.g antivirus, nero, printer drivers etc.

ArrGee 11:19 15 Oct 06

Your operating system, as well as the other applications you have loaded, are taking up that space.

Totally-braindead 11:37 15 Oct 06

What I would do is goto the C drive and go through the files one at a time and see whats using the space. Perhaps you have loaded more than you think. Looking at mine, Windows XP takes up 2.6 gig and that will be the largest part. If all you have loaded is a couple of utilities such as anti virus and nero then something is wrong.
Did you do a format before you reinstalled? If not perhaps there are files from before still left on your computer.
The only way to find out is to look.

terryf 23:31 16 Oct 06

How big are your restore files, how about your page file, recycle bin, all take up space. Right click on the 'program files' folder and see how big

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now