Re-filling a Lexmark Z55 ink cartridge

prozac1947 10:49 30 May 03

The first time I tried re-filling I got blue running into every hole- a complete disaster.

This time I used advice in the Inky Fingers website. The colours are sharp and clear - today i noticed that the yellow seemed to be missing. A yellow sun came up bright green and an orange pumpkin dark green !!

I did put some yellow in the right place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

roygbiv 17:28 30 May 03

I have Lexmark Z55. Havent refilled yet, but have refill kit (from Aktiv)ready to use, they give instructions, or go to click here or there abouts for Z55.

prozac1947 17:39 30 May 03

Tank you very much roygbiv. This is much better, I seem to have put the yellow in the wrong place !! I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks again

roygbiv 16:11 03 Jun 03

I refilled my Z55e on Sunday. So far all OK. No mess, it was very easy ( I have refilled my old Canon 7 or 8 times, so practice makes perfect)

TIP. Before putting in the ink , check the sponges in the cartridge with a wooden cocktail stick to check the colour of the ink.

Alan.

prozac1947 19:05 03 Jun 03

Still no yellow or colours containing yellow. All the other colours are nice and clear - but, even thought I pt the yellow where it should go it makes no difference. I'll just have to print everything in pinks, blues and purples - and green !!!!
Thanks for help, at least I'll know for the future

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…