Re Fast4net ISP

Legolas 23:41 10 Jan 03
  Legolas 23:41 10 Jan 03

having just read Andywolves thread on cheap Internet access £6.99 seems very cheap for a months unlimited Internet access I thought mines was cheap at £10 a month with NTL but before I consider changing to 4fast.net does anyone know more about This ISP? can they be trusted? is anyone here with them? and if so how is their performance? You can tell by the flavour of my posting that I am a cynical nae careful old elf.

woodchip 23:44 10 Jan 03

Can I say who as heard of them. Most people know of NTL you may be better sticking with someone that will be hear tomorrow

david4637 14:53 11 Jan 03

Looks very good on the face of it. Can you type the 0808 number and details in etc yourself, or do you have to let it update your PC. Note No web space allocated. Any one currently using it could let us know whether its a good service or not? Thanks David

Rtus 15:25 11 Jan 03

During the sign up process it asks you to download the update for dialup this is the added to your exsisting Dun data you then choose which Isp your going to dial to .everything including email data (that you choose on sign up )is activated for you ..So no mucking about with setting .However its wise to backup just in case..

Rtus 15:30 11 Jan 03

During the sign up process it asks you to download the update for dialup this is the added to your exsisting Dun data you then choose which Isp your going to dial to .everything including email data (that you choose on sign up )is activated for you ..So no mucking about with setting .However its wise to backup just in case..No home page (well I couldnt find it yet but it says coming soon)as yet but seems to link to uk2net..its fast (So far)Ive just signed up So can only say See how it goes..its slightly cheaper on six month /12 month pre pay..but it may be more prudent to play safe and go monthly for now... sorry hit wrong button before finished..

Rtus 18:08 11 Jan 03

more to the above ...the only thing Ive had to reconfigure is homepage settings and reconfigure email to collect from new ISP rather than the old one..connection time is rapid enough and general surfing seems to have no real restrictions .If I find any Ill let you know..There Is however a 15min idle cut off (usual) and a 2hr std cut off depending on traffic (redial imediatly if required)also normal for most Isp..At least I can now afford to carry on visiting my favourite site..

Legolas 18:37 11 Jan 03

It sounds ok so far I know you will let us know if problems arise.

Rtus 16:17 13 Jan 03

this is a first for me...logging on at this time during the week ..Right little info speeds good normal 56k dial-up ..even a Status and log page on the site to enable you to keep track of time spent there..The old Isp were a bit miffed..I had till the21 jan before end of contract term but all email and usage has gone..not to worry though eh.And a bit of good news Im a grandad again (lost count how many all told) another boy..Dont ask the wieght I dont know..

Rtus 23:07 16 Jan 03

there seems to be a problem with the mail servers..2 are down since early evening . otherwise ok.... see how long it takes to sort..

Rtus 23:12 16 Jan 03

service resumed ..must have seen this..LOL..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…