Re enable DVD Drive

SteveBut 15:42 20 May 06

Help!
My DVD drive was playing up and not allowing me to burn on dvd+rw's. In an attempt to get it to work I disabled it in device manager & then rebooted with the intention of then enabling it.
However, when I attempt to re-enable it, I get an error message saying "Windows was not able to enable this device".
I'm running Windows XP Pro & the DVD player is an AOpen DUW1608/ARR. It is listed as a device in Device Manager but it has a big red cross next to it, presumably as its disabled.
Any advice anyone could provide would be appreciated.
Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:50 20 May 06

Uninstall it and reboot the PC, XP should then find new hardware and reinstall it for you.

skidzy 17:23 20 May 06

Fruit Bat /\0/\'s advice is the normal procedure,but if that dosnt work...maybe giving this a try will help click here

SteveBut 18:12 20 May 06

Thanks to both of you, everything is working Ok again now. As a side issue, do you know why , when theres no DVD in the drive, the drive shows up as a DVD RW Drive under My Computer, but when I put a DVDRW into it, the drive changes to a CD Drive? Hopefully this is pretty irrelevant & if so, I can just ignore it!
Thanks again for your help
Steveb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…