re- Disgusted with ZONE

Jade 14 G 17:54 17 May 06

HI
Always used free zone alarm and as mine is playing up, uninstalled it and went to zone labs to download another, l have two spyware and two antivirus up todate.
I was pushed to scan to see if pc was clean so though it was a good thing so clicked it.
Then when l thought it was finished it wanted to download this machine into my pc which it did then told me l could not download zone as hadn't got antixX sorry if its spelt wrong and there was 5 spyware they found on the pc, had only scanned it this morning an hour before.So l was just going to leave the site and go somewhere else after been told l could not download there .
The another screen came on saying 'I COULD DOWNLOAD THE THREE THAT YOU PAY FOR' could not believe, if thats how they think they will get customers after building up a good name over the years with the free one. I left the site and downloaded free zone with no problem from download.com but at one point l was going to pay zone for one of there others as l thought what if l get this trouble somewhere else.
Jade

DieSse 18:05 17 May 06

I can't see anything they are doing wrong here. If you want to load the free firewall from their site, you can do so without any problem or messages at all.

You chose not to do that, but instaed to do a (free) scan of your PC for spyware. The free scan found some - and I presume offered you some choices if you wished to remove it using their paid-for products (not Zone Alarm).

You could have ignored this, and simply gone back and downloaded the free Zone Alarm if you had wished. Their Internet Security suite - which dows many other things is not free.

So why the beef?

VoG II 18:09 17 May 06

You should NOT have two antivirus programs. You should decide which one you want and uninstall the other. Having more than one can seriously slow down your PC.

Stuartli 18:09 17 May 06

It would be more helpful if you restricted your problems with ZA to one thread:

click here

Jade 14 G 14:18 18 May 06

Thank you for the info, l never knew anything about not having more than one so thanks for telling me, l have microsoft and AVG which do you think is the best to keep,
And to the others that repied, if you went into a shop and they were pushing you all the time for you to get one item and you wanted another l am sure you would not have liked it , also l had to seach for the free zone, its not on the home page or others l got it at the end at the bottom of a FAQ list.
But thanks for helping me at first, rememeber we are not all experts, l am disabled so try to to do a bit of work at home and had a different opion than you, thats why women come from venus and men from mars lol

Stuartli 14:23 18 May 06

The link to the free ZA and trial versions can be found bottom left of the home page..:-)

click here

Totally-braindead 15:11 18 May 06

You mention Microsoft and AVG. If you mean Microsft antispyware then this is not an antivirus program. It is what it says antispyware. Spyware is different from anti virus.

Jade 14 G 18:03 18 May 06

yes your right and as soon as l read it l knew l had typed it wrong, this is zone getting me in a right muddle, l knew and can't believe l typed that out but the way to day has gone l can well believe it, my intercom has been ringing non stop, if l could l would have un screwed it,
Thanks Jade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…