re- cookies

Jade 14 G 18:32 08 Aug 04

I have been having problems getting web pages from my favorite file.
Aol has had me re- building there adapter which cures it for a few days. Today it was not working so rang up and there advice today was to change my cookie setting from trusted zone to accept all cookies.
I am not happy with this and rang back to speak to someone in charge with took five times of asking then got shouted at about cookies.
Is it me that is wrong or them. I always thought you shouldn;t accept all cookies. I feel as it was a quick and easy thing for them to tell me to do,
Jilly

CurlyWhirly 18:43 08 Aug 04

Jade 14 G

I used to have this problem as well as I am also with AOL.
I was able to read and send e-mails but whenever I tried to load a wabsite from my favourite list I kept getting the 'page cannot be displayed' error.
What I did to cure the problem was change my cookie controls to medium-high.
I also reset the web settings at START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > INTERNET OPTIONS > PROGRAMS.
Also I delete ALL cookies, temporary internet files and history and then logged off and reset my PC and logged on again and I have not had the same problem again (touch wood!)
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…