Re-connecting to Netgear DG834G router

Mike_R 04 Nov 10

I've had to take my grandchildren's desktop and reload the Win XP OS after running Killdisk on it.

When I plugged the ethernet cable to the router, I could not reconnect to the Broadband internet. I don'tknow whether I used the same router port as before.

Will I have to reinstall the router software and, if so, do I just rerun the Smart Wizard from the Netgear CD? I assume that I will have to set up the wireless links to the two laptops again.

Strawballs 05 Nov 10

You should not have to load any software for router on the PC are you sure you have got the drivers for the network card or onboard whichever is on it?

Mike_R 05 Nov 10

You are right. I've forgotten about the network drivers. I had to do this a few years ago but have no idea where the driver CD is now. Could I use my owm driver CD for Win XP?

Strawballs 05 Nov 10

It needs to be the drivers for that network device what is the make and model of machine?

Mike_R 08 Nov 10

Thanks. I found the driver disk and connected the PC to the internet.

Strawballs 08 Nov 10

Glad it is now sorted you can tick as resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message