re-compressed zip files

aboutit 12:24 04 Jul 04

After having lots of problems opening compressed zip files(windows XP Home) I have downloaded Irfan view as a zip file and it opened perfectly alright. I then went to the site where I am trying to donwload art from and I still get the message when I try to open `Invalid file format or corrupt` yet others in the group have no problems. Does this mean that I have a problem with "My" computer and if so can anyone tell me what it could be

grabster 13:16 04 Jul 04

you could try winzip.

aboutit 13:21 04 Jul 04

Tried it same problem. But I ha ve also found out that when I try to get help from the help and support section I receive the Microsoft close down messge with Fault OLE32.dll Oxc0000005 C/Documen\local\temp\WER172.tmp.dir\appcompattxt. If anyone can help on that maybe there is a connection

pj123 14:26 04 Jul 04

Have a go with PowerDesk 5. Download it from the PCA download page. click here

Once installed, run it and you will find Zip and Extract in the Archive menu. Highlight the zip file you want to extract go to Archive, Extract and then browse to where you want it extracted to.

grabster 17:21 04 Jul 04

Are you using a download helper type program eg. DAP as ive had problems with zips before but its not all sites i had problems with,when things went belly up i just bypassed DAP and let windows download them and things usually worked ok.
just an thought but you never know...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…