Re: Cloning a Hard Drive

ragstoriches 19:54 26 Oct 10

Can anyone help.

I have a problem with my laptop. I gave my laptop to a company to replace the motherboard. Which they did but now the original hard drive does not work with the new motherboard. It can only be accessed by putting it in an external hard drive enclosure and accessing it via a USB port. Thus I have lost all the original configuration settings for my applications even though I can still read and access the data on my hard drive, and trying to reconfigure and install all my applications again could take forever. Is there anyway, any software that can allow me "clone" my hard drive and/or allow me to access the original enviroment settings i.e. registry setting and environment settings.

Thanks in advance

sunnystaines 19:57 26 Oct 10

may be the new m/board has different drivers was it the same type

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:21 26 Oct 10

Put in original hard drive
set BIOS to Boot from CD as first boot device
boot from your windows CD / DVD
and attempt a REPAIR install.

If your lucky this will replace the old drivers with the new ones for your motherboard an the rest of your settings should remain intact.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…