re cd burning

jypsea 11:41 16 May 04

i have recently been given some blank discs,(the mirror type)off someone who uses win98. i use win xp.they work fine on his pc but not on mine.they seem to copy ok even as far as the prog saying copying successful.all the tracks appear etc but there is a whistling sound and all kinds of interference when playing back.i have put the copying speed as low as 8kbs.also he tried them on his sisters pc running xp again with no joy.shall i just throw them in the bin..i have used nero and also tried winxp's own facility to copy.my own blanks work fine..hope i have been clear thank you..o by the way when i did try to play back in media player everything froze which is unusual as i have 512 ram and hardly anything running..

Life's-Good 11:47 16 May 04

might be drive incompatibility. Just ditch the disks and use your own ones. Or try a few more and if problem persists, dump them.

Totally-braindead 12:09 16 May 04

As Life's-Good has pointed out its probably a problem with drive incompatability with this particular type of disk I'd just try another make and bin them or give them away to someone whos drive will write to them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac