re best for website

Jade 14 G 14:18 09 Aug 05

Need some advice about what is the best software for building a website, have microsoft Publisher and
office word and powerpoint.
Jade

mattyc_92 17:54 09 Aug 05

I think that dreamweaver is probably the best, but has a long "learning curve".

You can use "NetObjects" which is alot easier to use, but I find it isn't good as dreamwaever (which I am not fluent at).

I intend to stick to FrontPage, and use JavaScripts alot.

PurplePenny 20:43 10 Aug 05

Nvu is open source (therefore free) and claims to be a rival for Dreamweaver and Frontpage.

click here

I don't know how true that claim is but people on here whose opinion I trust have spoken well of it.

Jade 14 G 10:03 11 Aug 05

Thanks a lot for the link, am going to have a good look at it.
Yestrday l went on ebay looking for dream weaver or Front page and you could download both of them for £3.99 and theres 300 templates. Have you tried them, am just going to downlod them as they come a few mins after you send the cash through paypal and pay pal seemed to know all about it and this guy sells them all the time and feedback for him is good,
Jade

Forum Editor 18:31 11 Aug 05

DreamWeaver currently costs around £339 and FrontPage is £147.

There's no way that anyone can sell you a legal version of both of them for £3.99 - avoid such offers like the plague, never mind the feedback, you're being taken for a ride.

mco 19:39 11 Aug 05

I checked out that ebay link and it's just for templates that you can then use with dreamweaver or front page - not the actual programs. Beware!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5