re Backdoor.win32.bifrose.d

RoyWidd 19:44 14 Feb 06

Hello,having discovered PC Pitstop through another thread,I ran it and it found Backdoor.win32.bifrose.d in my registry at hkey_local_machine\software\windows\currentversion\uninstallCould someone please give me ideas on how I can remove it?I'm on win98SE,and have AVG and A2 installed.Also I'm not familiar with the registry and would,if possible,prefer not to go in there.Thanks.

VoG II 19:46 14 Feb 06

Does a-squared pick it up?

RoyWidd 19:59 14 Feb 06

hello Vog,I'm running a-squared now,and will get back to you with the results,I'll also do a full scan with AVG..

RoyWidd 20:17 14 Feb 06

Hello again VoG,all a-squared found were tracking cookies,and some traces of Gator,which I've deleted,now running a full scan with AVG

VoG II 20:25 14 Feb 06

I suspect that this is a false positive since this trojan is included in the a-squared detections.

See click here and look for any of the files listed that are indicative of this infection.

RoyWidd 20:36 14 Feb 06

Hello VoG™,I think my xvid codec files maybe the problem,since xvid is listed on the link you kindly supplied.Still scanning with AVG but have you any suggestions in the meantime please?
My apolgies for the delays in replying,life keeps interrupting.

VoG II 20:39 14 Feb 06

I would do a search for some of the other files, such as ap0.exe

If you don't find them the chances are that you are 'clean'.

RoyWidd 20:41 14 Feb 06

Thank you again VoG™,will do as you suggest,and reply in due course.

RoyWidd 20:59 14 Feb 06

VoG™,I did a file search for all the ones listed in the link given,and none were found.Just how much damage,if any,will the Backdoor do,given that it's on my system at all?

VoG II 21:02 14 Feb 06

I don't think that it is on your system - I think that it is a false positive (in other words, PC Pitstop is flagging up a problem that does not exist).

If you need more reassurance, run HJT click here and post a log on the Malware Removal forum click here

RoyWidd 21:06 14 Feb 06

VoG™,Thank you for all your help and ideas,they are very much appreciated,and I'll now tick as"resolved".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…