re-attempting wireless connection!

collinsc 15:32 14 Oct 07

I recently posted for help on setting up wireless.
some thought i had the wrong equpipment- some thought it was possible. I have reattempted it- and i have an update- with more questions!

i connected to the linskys page- named the network. the network is visble on my laptop- (therefore i assume the equipment DOES work!?).
But now i have a few more queries.

although it locates the network and it says it is connected- i CANT access a website. the 'fix' the laptop came up with was "windows cannot find the hostname "google.com" using DNS" (I went to google first.)- why is this. does anyone know?

i think its something to do with the firewall on pc AND/OR laptop. do i need to disenable both? and then somehow allow my laptop access??

Thanks v much

collinsc 15:59 14 Oct 07

update:
my pc has the free "zone alarm" firewall. is there a setting in there which i have to disable?

ambra4 16:36 14 Oct 07

Uninstall zone alarm and setup wireless once working reinstall zone alarm

collinsc 16:42 14 Oct 07

im not sure it definitley is the problem though... so i dont want to do that only to find it isnt.. besides just cause i do that wont necessarily then allow my laptop to connect to it will it...
it will still identify and possibly block the wan connection..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…