Re-arrange all programs list

TimCDC 13:47 17 May 03

A basic query - but I can't find the answer to this anywhere! Can anyone out there advise me how to rearrange the structure of my all programs list in the start menu - its filling up with loads of similar programmes, and, for example, I'd like to be able to put all the games in a separate "games" submenu, all the image processors in an "image processors" menu etc.
Surely this is possible?
Thanks, Tim

The Spires 14:00 17 May 03

If you right click on the start button, then on open, click the programs icon. You can make folders move the files to the ones of your choice & delete the ones you don't want, after you have finished just exit, it should be possible to drag the folders in the start menu to the position top to bottom as you desire.

marjted 14:04 17 May 03

Find the folder which contains the list in the start menu. My XP is at C:\Docs & SEttings\Allusers\Start Menu\Programs

Once there you can create new folders to your hearts content and then drag shortcuts to the appropriate folder.

The routine is similar with other windows variants. Using the Search routine is another way to locate the folder

TimCDC 17:55 17 May 03

Thanks for the help - problem now solved!
And apologies for posting twice by mistake!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…