re-ADAWARE

Jade 14 G 11:18 17 Feb 05

Have used adware on my older pc (2 yrs)with no problem and it did bring things up on it but have just been reading on web about all the dangers with it that l am now thinking should l download it on this new one.

VoG II 11:21 17 Feb 05

What dangers? I recommend that you use it click here

byfordr 11:21 17 Feb 05

I install it as standard on pcs, never had any problems with it. Also spybot click here is similiar and very good. click here spyware blaster stops the nasties getting on in the first place.

It gives you the option of backing up before use. Might be worth using it if you have concerns.

R

Yoda Knight 11:22 17 Feb 05

I've neva had a prob with adaware.... Why not give the ms anti-spyware beta a try instead ? OR else spy-bot has a "tea-timer" tsr that works quite well too

Meshuga 11:27 17 Feb 05

I have always used Ad-aware without problems and have the latest version and have no knowledge of any dangers. Go for it.

gudgulf 11:41 17 Feb 05

If your typing is correct then you are confusing adware which is the stuff you don't want with Adaware which is a useful program for getting rid of the adware.
Use it and any others that take your fancy from the ones recommended above, but have a look at this click here
before downloading/using any antispyware program.This will sort out the good from the bad for you

Jade 14 G 11:52 17 Feb 05

Thanks a lot for your quick replies. Why l asked was because my isp that tells you to download it , for some reason it won't let me this time so was looking on the net for a site that l knew to download it. Then l kept finding sites that were saying terrible things about it from taking your bank details to going onto other sites while your surfing and making cash from it. So it was making me think twice but from reading your replies l will now download it and thanks.
Any of you know how l can cure my telephone cutting me off, not on broardband as have tried two but cable round here is not any good with it.

Stuartli 12:21 17 Feb 05

As mentioned earlier, you are confusing adware (plus malware and spyware) with the name of the utility, which is Ad-Aware SE Personal (free version); i.e. the title reveals the purpose for which it is used.

It is a very effective utility and, in common with byfordr and thousands of others, I use it in conjunction with Search and Destroy 1.3 and SpywareBlaster - however, since installing Firefox 1.0 when it was launched these utilities have had had no work to do, although I still keep up the updating...:-)

Jade 14 G 12:28 17 Feb 05

Have just downloaded Ad- Aware SE Personal and it found 14 tracking cookies but they were not put in quanteeen sorry spelling.

byfordr 14:00 17 Feb 05

Did you put a tick in the box?

R

Jackcoms 14:33 17 Feb 05

"Any of you know how l can cure my telephone cutting me off, not on broardband as have tried two but cable round here is not any good with it."

Suggest you start this as a new thread - and with a little more detail, please.

How often? If on dial-up - modem type? Dial-up settings. 'Phone service provider, etc, etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…