RDP Printing

Neil-175883 08:20 19 May 05

Can any body help

At home i have a small network with XP PRO with a printer attached to the network by a external HP print server. All home pc,s can see and use this printer however when i RDP to my works computer also XP PRO i can use the work computer but i do not see my printer

All option say alow printers.

Will it be because i have not got a printer physically connected to my home pc printer port

Many thanks in advance

mgmcc 10:16 19 May 05

I suspect that, if you are accessing your work PC from home using Remote Desktop Protocol, it cannot access your printer on the Print Server because it is not part of your LAN.

Can the work PC access the other PCs on your LAN simultaneously when using RDP? If so, it MAY be possible to map a printer port on the work PC to to the print server via its IP address, but it could be fairly complex to set up.

Neil-175883 10:29 19 May 05

Thanks for this however i want to print locally to ie at home to my printer at home which is connected to a print server at home i dont want any pc on the work network to print at home purely 1 nominated pc at work to be accessed FROM home and able to print at Home

Many thanks again

mgmcc 23:12 20 May 05

Even though you are accessing the work PC from home, it is still not part of your LAN and as such doesn't have direct access to the print server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…