Raw images and Photoshop 7.0

Newuser3649 21:02 23 Nov 05

I have Photoshop 7.0. I wish to use this program to open and work on raw images taken on my Minolta 5D DSLR.

The adobe website shows a DNG 3.2 plugin as supporting this camera. It seems to suggest that I need Photoshop CS.

Can I use this plug-in with Photoshop 7.0?

If not, is there a compatible plug-in?

Do I have to invest in Photoshop CS2 or Elements 4.0?

Any help will assist.

iambeavis 21:18 23 Nov 05

Does this help? - click here

brambles 21:55 23 Nov 05

I have Photoshop 7 and, whilst I don't work in Raw images the programme can open & save to *.RAW as you will see if you drop down the file format list.

Whilst like you I would like CS2 it is terribly expensive and Photoshop 7 is still a very powerful programme.

Brambles

LAP 22:26 23 Nov 05

I have a Canon EOS 5D and only use the largest format in jpg. For processing I use Elements 3 and any alterations I SaveAs in Photoshop (PSD,PDD) Therefore I can go back at any time and alter any alteration that I have made to the image without spoiling the original. Have you a particular reason for using RAW, just interested?

hssutton 22:30 23 Nov 05

I don't think you can use the DNG convertor with PS7, but it's such a long time ago that I used PS7, I can't be 100% certain.

This however is academic as even PS CS2 does not work with Raw, Adobe Camera Raw is required and this certainly does not work with PS7

There are two ways to overcome your problem, one is to download rawshooter essentials, freeware and one of the best convertors around click here. Or alternatively use the Raw Convertor supplied by Minolta

hssutton 22:39 23 Nov 05

The reason for using raw is many fold. You can alter the exposure and white balance in the convertor + there are many other controls at your disposal.

The Raw file is your digital negative, exactly as captured by the Cmos/Ccd, and is totally free from any in camera processing.

I would never ever shoot in anything but Raw

LAP 17:10 25 Nov 05

^is there anybody there?^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…