RAW image files

superspark 21:44 15 Aug 06

Can anyone advise me please?
I have some RAW image files taken on a digital camera on a compact flash card. i used a card reader to try to transfer these files to my desktop but I am unable to transfer them and can't open them.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks very much.

Virtuosity 21:48 15 Aug 06

I use Nikon cameras and to transfer my files I use Nikon View. And to open RAW files again you need manufacturer's software, in my case I use Nikon Capture.
I hope this helps.

wunay 22:03 15 Aug 06

What is your camera? What software do you have to open Raw files? It might have be specific to the make of camera.
Best to connect the camera direct to the PC to transfer.

FelixTCat 23:04 15 Aug 06

superspark,

Each camera manufacturer has their own variation of RAW file, because it is effectively a "dump" of the data from the imaging chip which hasn't been processed by the camera.

To get the best out of the pictures you need a program which can understand the particular format for that camera, but to view them, irfanview click here will open most.

Picasa click here is also pretty good.

Regards,

Felix

woodchip 23:09 15 Aug 06

My Fuji as RAW image converter with the software

woodchip 23:14 15 Aug 06
  cycoze 23:24 15 Aug 06

Most cameras that can produce RAW files have software to convert/view and upload them, have a look on your cd`s to see if you overlooked it.

if no to the above have a look at RawShooter essentials (free) click here to import, view, prioritize, edit and convert, be sure to check the System Requirements first to make sure your camera is supported PDF from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…