Raw File System

s99Raj 23:46 27 Apr 04

I have a 120GB Maxtor Hard Drive which has practically failed on me - it had XP Home on it and I've tried various data recovery methods on it but none has worked so far. I just want the My Documents folder and everything in it.

I can connect the HD to another PC which sees it but sees it as being totally empty. The File System on it seems to be RAW. Does anyone know how I could read this RAW Hard Drive? Cheers.

recap 08:50 28 Apr 04

If your drive is a Wetern Digital then click here if not then try your Drive manufatures site for something similar.

Big Elf 08:55 28 Apr 04

VoG recommended DriveRescue click here yesterday. I tried it out and it works on hard disks as well as floppies. Whether it will work with yours is another matter.

recap 09:04 28 Apr 04

Sorry, of cause it's not you even say it's not, dohooo

s99Raj 20:23 28 Apr 04

Tried DriveRescue but I got an error box called "NT_read error" and in the box I got "error no. 2"

jimmer409® 21:07 07 Feb 05

had the same problem, 40g maxtor one day out of the blue, changed from ntfs to raw, took to computer shop, thay say defective and were unable to recoup any of my data` from the drive, does anyone out there know what's going on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…