Ravmon virus - USB

Lewis360 18:49 28 Dec 07

Whenever I plug in a USB, I get unwanted error message and I cannot open my USB. By doing google I know this is because of ravmon, which infects portable devices. It also edits the registry which enables the autorun file in usb to be ravmon.exe and thus it is run whenever I plug in usb into my machine.

Now I search manually for ravmon.exe in registry but got tired. Can somebody help me ??

brundle 19:05 28 Dec 07
  Clarke708 19:06 28 Dec 07

I would recommend to use registry cleaner or registry repairer to solve this problem. You can also use the popular anti virus programs.

There are very good registry cleaners in the market.
There is one good registry cleaner program called RegBooster(click here).

You need to follow the below steps to fix your current problem using RegBooster:

1. All you need to scan "User Software Section" in the software.
2. It will search for ravmon entries in the registry.
3. Then the software will ask you for repair those entries. In this case, all the entries which has value of ravmon.exe are removed.
4. Thus next time when you insert USB drive, you will not find any such problem.

You can download the program from:
click here

All the best.

brundle 19:07 28 Dec 07

Registry cleaners are not the way to remove viruses.
Especially ones that only scan, and have to be paid for to actually do anything.

rdave13 19:15 28 Dec 07

Also found this; click here

Clarke708 19:19 28 Dec 07

Yes very right, registry cleaner should be used for removing viruses. However, registry cleaner are good at removing unwanted material. For example Registry cleaner searches for ravmon.exe entry in the registry. If they find it, they ask the user for removing it. At least registry cleaner help can be taken in finding the error. Its then user choice to fix those errors or not.

Watch this blog, maybe this help:
click here

mfletch 19:21 28 Dec 07

Hi, Your Antivirus program should be able to scan the pen drive and remove the virus,

Just select the drive/ F/G etc then scan,

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…