Rates of connection & tray icon

Steinman 00:45 20 Oct 03

On my Win Me PC when I connect to net on modem dial up I get the two side by side PC monitors showing in the tray next to clock. A quick right click & I can obtain the status & the speed of connection.
My sis in law has Win XP & does not have the two side by side PC monitors showing in the tray next
to clock. How can she get them to be there?
Or, failing that is there another way of easily checking net speed in XP, without much fiddling?
Modem dial up.

Gandalph 01:07 20 Oct 03

Somewhere on the Dial-up dialogue box there should be a check box which will say something like 'Show DUN on Desktop' or words to that effect. Make sure the box is checked and that should do the trick.

Terrahawk 01:09 20 Oct 03

to show icon in XP click start /connect to /show all connections/right click on the internet connnection select properties/bottom left hand corner you will see a little box show icon in notification area when connected click ok that will put the icons bottom right of the task bar.
Just another thought check the icon is not hidden first you will see a little arrow on the task bar click this to show everything.

Steinman 01:18 20 Oct 03

Sounds like what's needed to me.Checked wasn't hidden before posting. Thanks folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…