rasautou.exe?

kortical Implant 22:45 13 Aug 03

when i disconnect from the internet i get a network connection window saying that me or a program has requested information from, and then it gives an ip address, when i look for what program it is it seems to be rasautou.exe, spybot, or adaware has not detected it, it is in the windows system 32 folder, can i delete it or is it a needed file?

krypt1c 22:51 13 Aug 03

Found these on google. click here=

woodchip 22:54 13 Aug 03

rasautou.exe is a Program linked to the Dial-up for MSN messenger service you need to disable it. Go to Start/Run typ MSCONFIG press enter and see if there is rasautou.exe in the list if there is remove the tick in the box you should be looking under the startup tab

kortical Implant 22:59 13 Aug 03

kryptic your link doesnt seem to work and woodchip i cant see it in the start up tab it is defo not there, any other ideas?

krypt1c 23:00 13 Aug 03

Sorry the link isn't working. I just opened google and searched for rasautou, but looks like woodchip has done the biz anyway - k

jazzypop 23:01 13 Aug 03
  jazzypop 23:05 13 Aug 03

rasautou stands for Remote Access Server Auto Update - it is a generic NT /W2K /XP service that can be called by any authorised program (including, but not only, MSN) to initiate a dialup session.

It can be totally benign (checking for Windows Updates or Virus definitions), or malignant (worms, trojans etc).

rasutou is a symptom, not a cause. Use the advice in the link above to determine where or what it is trying to connect to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…