Range extenders..a good puzzle here.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:49 06 May 08

Just ahd a call from a friend who has just bought a Netgear DG834PN ADSL2+ RangeMax MIMO-G Wireless Modem Router as he has a large house. The problem is that the lower floor area can receive a good signal at one end (underneath the room where the router is) but at the other end there is no signal. The floors seem to have been designed by Hitler's Bunker architect as they are 18" of solid concrete and the walls tend to be solid concrete.

So the question is can anyone recommend a powerful signal booster that he can put downstairs to amplify the signal?

I have though of a plug in network through the leccy but for all sorts of peculiar reasons he would prefer an extender.

G

ambra4 19:22 06 May 08

Take a look at this one

Hawking Wireless – G Range Extender downloads all the information sheets etc and take a read

click here

Also read at this posting

click here

Have use this equipment and it does what it say extend the wireless network without any

problem once it set up correctly, you have upgraded the firmware to the latest version

m4819 07:51 10 May 08

I use two belkin range extenders in my house and they work well - go to the Belkin home page for details but be carefull they do not support wds so check the requirements of your router or use a belkin one instead ( i use the N1 router with the range extenders with no problems - my router is down stairs and i now have coverage upstairs, in the garden etc)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…