randomly entering sleep mode/waking problems

Tycoben 16:41 05 Jun 05

Hi,

I'd be grateful for some advice on this problem, which has been happening intermittently for some time.

Basically, I'm in the middle of doing something (normally internet use), and my computer screen will go black and the 'entering sleep mode' box will come up. The fans in the pc are still going as normal, but nothing will wake the machine back up.

Each time, I have to press the 'reboot' button on the pc, and then the machine starts back up with no history of any error showing up the admin tools.

My power settings are set to 'always on', with 'never' in all of the boxes.

This problem has happened 3 times this weekend (which is more often than usual), and as I'm not very technically knowledgeable I can't figure out what's going on.

Any and all help gratefully received!

Thanks

Tycoben

Tycoben 20:34 06 Jun 05

~ Thanks ~

Fateful Shadow 20:38 06 Jun 05

Is it a Packard Bell machine? I remember my Win ME computer doing that to me a lot too, except I could 'wake' it a few times. other than that I'm not too sure...sorry!

Tycoben 20:49 06 Jun 05

No, it's not a Packard Bell. It's a Mesh 3400 pcx. I just wish I could figure out what's causing the problem! Thanks though.

Joe R 21:12 06 Jun 05

Tycoben,
Click on control panel-power options, and make sure, enable hibernation under the hibernate tab is unticked, also make sure, that "turn off monitor", "turn off hard disks", and "system standby", are all set to "never".

Also under the advanced tab, the options boxes are unticked, and where it says "when I press the power button on my computer", the option selected is "shutdown".

Tycoben 21:18 06 Jun 05

Thanks for the advice! I double-checked, just in case, but unfortunately my power settings are already set exactly as you say. So, I'm still baffled as to why it keeps going into 'sleep mode'...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now