Random Windows XP Booting Problems

Ebonytiger 22:06 09 Apr 05

I have random problems with booting up my PC running Windows XP Home with service pack 2 installed, most times it's fine but occasionally I have to try several times to get it going (it almost gets to the Windows screen and then says it's encountered a problem , sometimes it does reach the Windows screen and then crashes).Once booted up it runs with no problems for hours and (touch wood) doesn't crash. When the problems occur usually several long numbers are quoted but I don't know how to find out what they mean. They are as follows:0X00000050 (0X8868DFE8, 0X00000000, 0X8056BEDS, 0X00000000). There doesn't seem to be any logic to when this occurs or even how often, but it's annoying when it does.

Trackrat 22:09 09 Apr 05

Take a look here.

click here

LastChip 22:12 09 Apr 05

Go to the error log and see what it is telling you. It may be nothing to do with Windows, but bad memory, a loose data cable or something like that.

That's why it's important to try and get on the right track from scratch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…