A random startup error

maltose 10:04 10 Dec 06

Sometimes on startup I receive the following full screen error message
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to be sure you have adequate disc space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select |dvanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0xF79D9384. 0xF79D9080)"

When I restart I get a number of options one that always works uses the last successful startup format. So there appears to be no major problem - should I be worried and can I cure this random error?

Technotiger 12:23 10 Dec 06

Hi, a possible solution, run RegScrub, don't be surprised if it finds hundreds of problems, just let it fix them all. The whole process only takes a few minutes. Then do a normal re-start, with fingers crossed.

click here

Cheers

maltose 12:52 10 Dec 06

Many thanks Technotiger but which "Regscrub" there appear to be many most do a free diagnosis and then, understandably, ask for money to fix the problems. Is there an altruistic supplier who does both for free like AVG?

maltose 12:58 10 Dec 06

Yes I am a beginner - I did not see the click here. I have I have run and "fixed" so perhaps I will never see the blue screen error again - my thanks.
Cheers

maltose 13:03 10 Dec 06

Well I turned off, restarted and all seems AOK. Many thanks Technoyiger looks like I can close this thread

Technotiger 13:10 10 Dec 06

Great, well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced