Random screen/keyboard erros

Ogbournestandrew 19:26 02 Mar 07

This may sound too vague to provide assistance but...

For no apparent reason my keyboard stopped working today and now whatever I click on the desktop produces random results - Outlook opened 67 times, menus pop up from nowhere, explore opens 17 times and folder contents appear to open themselevs.

I thought a key was stuck on the keyboard to start with so I have changed keyboards, tried different mice, de-isntalled and re-installed the keyboard software.

I am currently using a PC networked to the doomed one so the PC seems to be working but if I click on anything on the creen all hell breaks loose on the display.

Thank you for reading this far..is there an obvious answer or have I been taken over by a virus?

Andy

can you start in safe mode?

Ogbournestandrew 19:34 02 Mar 07

Hi

I tried to a couple of times - prsessing F8 as the machine starts up - but it wouldn't do it.

birdface 09:22 03 Mar 07

When computer is starting just keep tapping F8 dont hold it down,I take it you cant run any of your Anti-Virus or Spyware programs,

Ogbournestandrew 19:40 04 Mar 07

Sorry - I have been away. I tried tapping, holding and cursing and nothing worked. I have decided to get somebody in to look at the problem.

Thanks you for replying though.

Andy

PS Spyware & virus fiund zip thankfully

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…